Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Small Kids

So, a few things have happened to me since I last posted. I have gone back to work two days a week which greatly cuts into my down time. Now, when I am home and not at my paying job, I have to do many of the household things that would have been spread out to other times in the week. My time for reading, facebooking, chatting with friends and being with John and the kids is now spent doing laundry, cooking, cleaning and other basic things.
Also, Judah has begun walking and getting into everything. I am running all over the house to keep up with all of their needs. Darragh needs her hair brushed since it hasn't been brushed in a few days and looks like it. I put it off since she has such a sensitive scalp but this doesn't help since it only makes the knots harder to remove. So she is crying while Grace is begging me to do an art project with her (one of her favorite activities) and all the while Judah is off in the house somewhere happily pulling all of the tampons out of the wrappers or crushing cherrios into dust with his index finger (he loves to do this...always with his index finger like he is pushing a button which he also loves to do) and kicking the dust all over while at the same moment spreading the stink of his very stinky diapers (what did her eat garlic snails?) all over the house.
I seem to have a shortage of time for my friends which is hard on me. I NEED my girlfriends. They are a vital part of my survival and my success (when I have it)as a mother. My main girlfriends are moms with small children like me. They know what it is like to have little interrupters that prevent one from having even a short conversation with others. They understand why the name "mommy" can stress one out when it is spoken all day every day. They don't get offended when I'm late for a date because the kids took so long to get out the door because they dipped their shoes in the toilet and cleaned it up with all of the clean washcloths in the house. They KNOW. They can hepl me laugh about what I felt like sobbing over.
I won't lie...mothering three small kids is a tough tough job. But, I love THESE kids with all of myself...they are worth it, our world needs good people and I am trying my best with the help of the Lord (and my girlfriends) to nurture these little saplings so that they may grow into strong oaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment