Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Laundry Day




So here are some snap shots from a typical afternoon for me at home. I was folding two loads of laundry on my bed and Henry just loves to sit and look at me (its so nice having someone completely and utterly in love with me...well John says he is in love with me and I believe him but he is too busy to stare at and smile at me all day). Judah climbed up and started reading on of his favorite books to Henry. He knows the whole story and pretty much can correctly tell it from beginning to end. Henry was reaching for the book and Judah would lift it up to show him the pictures.

Grace was sitting at my feet doing homework. My dad always had a rule that we had to sit at tables or desks in order to to our homework. I may enforce that some day but for now she is motivated to doing her work and seems to do better wherever I am so that she can ask questions and be with me. Her printing is getting very good and I love to see what ideas she comes up with when having to make up and write sentences with her weekly spelling words. It is hard to read the page but this is an example of what she writes. She is not timid to just start writing and depends on inventive spelling unless she knows the word.


Here is how he takes a study break...she even taped a bell to the ceiling at the top of the door jam so she could climb up and ding the bell.




1 comment:

  1. Yes, I am a lolipop!
    Love the bell at the top of the door! See, aren't you glad you blogged so you won't ever forget the bell at the top of the door?

    ReplyDelete