I am in love with this little guy who is currently the smallest Hoffman. (I have a feeling that eventually my second baby will end up the smallest Hoffman as I am the smallest of the Burtt Tribe even though I am the eldest.) Henry is now 7 months old and is on the whole a sweet, good-natured boy who enjoys sitting and emptying his toy basket and not going anywhere. (He has yet to crawl and this is a very desirable stage) He is most happy when able to see his siblings playing close by. He often will squeal and flap his arms when Grace comes to play as she is the only one who likes to interact with him in a way that is fun and not frightening. Darragh loves to play with him but after about 2 minutes suffers an urge to pick him up and carry him around. This sight, while uncomfortable for him and not very safe, is hilarious to witness as Darragh is so small and Henry getting so big....it looks a little like what Benny carrying Emma around would look like...awkward:) But to Henry, he doesn't know that this is dangerous and he just hangs on and looks around as if this is completely normal...as it is to a person who cannot get around except for being carried by others. Judah has started to really take an interest in his little brother. He lets Henry grab his hair and face and gently touches his head to Henry's. Judah's special way of loving his brother is to sing to him. I LOVE to hear this as it is both sweet and hilarious. Judah's voice become deep and husky and he sings songs he knows, often jingle bells with made up lyrics.
Henry is still technically full time nursing. He has begun to have the occasional Cheerios and broken animal crackers. A few days ago he cut his very first tooth (phew!) and now has a sharp! edge with which to break up his Cheerios. We have begun sign language again and are back to the old favorite "more" (touch all fingertips on each hand together and bring the hands together in a clapping motion) None of our kids have demonstrated this sign until about 9 months but Henry may be sooner. When I do the sign he looks at me with such focus that I swear I can almost see the wheels turning in his head as he gains understanding. I remember this with each of the kids at various monumental moments in learning and understanding and I will never loose fascination for it.
Most of the photos of me with my babies are taken by my other babies. Therefore, they are usually not the best pictures but they still save an image from the past. I love to see pictures of me with my babies.
Darragh holding her little brother.
Cool dude taking a bath in the sink.
That last one of him in the sink is priceless :)
ReplyDeleteAwwww! I love this post! Great pictures and great stories. You are such a good mom and you make it look so easy to have 4 little ones. Blogs like these are good to re-read on the particularly discouraging mommy days. Thank you for sharing! xoxox
ReplyDelete