This post is especially dedicated to my Grandma Dorothy Burtt. The purchase of our home occurred in a time close to when she entered a season in which she had to leave her lovely home after close to 40 years. The house we all refer to as simply "Smokey Hollow Road," has always been in my sister's and my mind the epitome of beauty, comfort, elegance and family. When she left the home, I inherited her piano, charming antique lamps and one of the items that to me 'is' Smokey Hollow Road: one of her wool braided rugs. It is the first one she made using a pattern and guide book that I now have in hopes of also creating a braided rug. I have crawled, walked and sat on this rug countless times on visits to my grandparents house. Little did I know, my own children would one day do the same in my own living room. So here are some photos Grandma...I hope that you can visit soon!
 |
| The entry way before we removed the flooring to expose the fir underneath as well as painting the trim. |
 |
| Sorry for the blurry photos taken from the realtor site. |
 |
| My beautiful floors. |
 |
| The front room... |
 |
| One of my favorite rooms. Featured is my gorgeous braided rug...Thank you Grandma! |
 |
| It's fun to wrestle on... |
 |
| and pleasant to look at. It's a one of a kind:) |
 |
| My father in law just put the lovely shelves up for the tea cups. I love them:) |
 |
| John in the girls room before we painted. |
 |
| The girls picked the colors...it came out so nice! |
 |
| We removed the deck and the yard is still a work in progress but the space is perfect for the kids...they are out there all the time. |
That's our place:)
I LOVE it!! Great post and a great reminder of the work and love that has already gone into this home. Grandma Burtt will be proud to see these- but you forgot to add a picture of the piano with the lamps on it! :) xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteAaa you are right! I will do that now!
ReplyDelete