Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Buddies

Darragh was gone all night and all day today.  She went with Grandma over to Davis to babysit Oliver.  While I heard that she had a good time, we missed her greatly!  I have to admit, there was more peace around here than usual.  Darragh tends to stir things up, for good as well as bad and it was nice to have a little change in the atmosphere.  Juday and Darragh are very close.  With Grace at school and me having to deal with Henry often, the two middle children have become thick as thieves as they say.  They often play well together for hours on end but there are days when they seem to do nothing but fight!  This is maddening as I hate to hear them hurt each other as much as I hate having to stop whatever I am endeavoring to do every 2 minutes in order to be judge and jury.
Here they are having a peaceful moment.  They both love books and will sit quietly looking at them for long periods of time.  Darragh, who is quickly learning to read, has begun doing a mix of reading and remembering books out loud to Judah.  Moments like these make my heart bubble.

1 comment:

  1. I thought to myself a million times today "I wonder what Oliver and Darragh are doing". I am sure that Oliver had a great day with her and I would have loved to be a fly on the wall while they played kitchen or cars or while they were in the tub.

    ReplyDelete