Friday, November 12, 2010

Halloween Events

So we had a crazy Halloween weekend. Friday night was the church pumpkin party which was very fun for all involved. Saturday was the school Halloween jamboree and Sunday was the actually "holiday" however we hosted 60...yes 60! people including 25 kids for our Octoberfest celebration.  I have never been a fan of Halloween (though I loved trick or treating).  When Halloween was over I would always breath an inner sigh of relief.  Something about all of the evilness and darkness just bugs me.  I would rather focus on the coziness of the indoors and the shorter, cooler days of fall. I love that our family does Octoberfest...beer is something I can celebrate:)
Here Judah dressed up all by himself as a knight while watching a fairy tale.  He very much identifies with the lead male role in most stories and movies.  After this he decided to be a knight for Halloween. However, as you will see, he ended up not liking the knight gear as it was too cumbersome when playing games at the pumpkin party and he chose a different theme.

As you can see the knight is down to his sword and scabbard only.  Face painter Aunt Hannah added the beard since she knows that Judah wanted a beard like his Papa.  When the kids filed past the microphone and told the audience what they were dressed as for Halloween, Judah, who knew he was no longer in his original costume, said "Um....I'm a....I'm a....bad guy!"
Princess Jasmin (Grace) took a turn doing face pain on Aunt Hannah.

This requires serious concentration.
A princess.

Beautiful girls.

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! The new blog looks great! I am glad you figured out how to do it so now there is no excuse to write more updates! Grace is so beautiful but it is a little weird to see her all dolled up...just makes me realize how fast she is growing up! Fun post!
    Love,M

    ReplyDelete