Thursday, August 23, 2012

We Have a House!

So we pick up the keys today!  A huge dumpster will be dropped off tomorrow in preparation for all the work we will start doing this weekend.  
Here are just a few photos of the house.  It was built in 1909 and has been cared for nicely.  The exterior needs some love but structurally it has "good bones" as they say.  It has a huge undeveloped attic space that we plan to make usable very soon.  The 4 bedrooms are small as bedrooms were 100 years ago.  The kitchen has this lovely commercial Wolf Junior oven...under that wood cutting board is a big griddle for pancakes etc.  I plan to paint the tile.                                                                                                  



  

 The cabinet door on the right open up to the built in china cabinet in the dining room...I like that feature.



This is the embossed
 wall paper in the entry hall....I love it.  I don't know why I can't find any pictures of the sitting room and it's lovely feel.  I will do that soon.  I am trying to make a good record of what things looked like before we altered them.  Notice the carpet in the diningroom?  There is carpet covering the dining and living room areas and underneath is hidden gorgeous 5.25 inch douglas fir planks that will be beautifully restored in a few weeks....more on that later.
 We were so excited to be signing these documents!
 The notary and Gail making everything understandable to us property virgins.

 We aren't the first people to ask to have a photo with the notary and realtor.  I told Gail that her job is similar to mine...she doulas/midwives people through the homebuying experience.  It was so great having her there for us!
This is a moment we will always remember!

1 comment:

  1. It looks awesome Alice! Put up some new pictures as you fix it up!

    ReplyDelete