Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Trying to replace anxiety with peace

Buying this house has been one of the few things in life that has disturbed my mind enough to keep me awake late into the night as I ponder all the possibilities and worry that we won't get it.  I love to fantasize about living there and what paint we would choose or what changes we would make but when it dawns on us that it isn't our house yet, it hurts to force ourselves to stop.  As soon as the sun is up and touches my face, my brain wakes up again with the same thoughts and my night of sleep is over.  I think I have been averaging 5 hours a night for the last 2 weeks.
We got a call from Gail this afternoon that the bank's inspection of the house was good and that this bodes well.  So now that we have been financially approved and the house has been deemed worth the loan the bank is making to us, all we have to do is wait for some high up people to make the final decision and sign some papers.  We may even know by Friday if we get to buy this house!  I don't feel totally secure yet so this constantly delayed celebration is wearing on my nerves.

We snuck into the house to wander the rooms and dream by ourselves after attending a wedding a few blocks away.

No comments:

Post a Comment